Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Sunday, July 03, 2005

 
Just now giving Lit the look it deserves, or anyway, all of my attention. After reading several non-plussing Spencer Reese poems, I was pleased to read one I wish I'd written.

Comparing is bad for you, but reading Lit I feel like The Hat's Nicole Holofcener to Lit's Lisa Cholodenko -- an analogy that will have meaning for about precisely four readers of the robot's belly -- and meaning that damn they get some hot stuff into everything they print. We all know Shanna's a born editor, but I can't think of anyone else working who quite so clearly goes for intensities over shapes. For example, I can't go for the Ilya Kaminsky sequence as a whole -- I prefer erotica a little less taken with itself -- but I want to read certain lines from it again and again.

Oh, they're in the order I came across them, unless I just remembered to add them in later. Planning to go back through all the year's books to remember which poems I'd put in a big binder marked 2005.

Why the hell am I indoors?

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.