Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 
To judge from the list at the back of the 2006 BAP, here are some journals I missed last year:
  • Atlanta Review
  • The Atlantic Monthly
  • The Briar Cliff Review
  • The Cincinnati Review
  • The Connecticut Review
  • Crab Orchard Review
  • Ecotone
  • Endicott Review
  • Hayden's Ferry Review
  • Iodine Poetry Journal
  • Margie
  • The New Criterion
  • Nightsun
  • Rhino
  • Subtropics
Time to get cracking on those exchange subscription offer letters.

I'm confused to see Subtropics included in the present BAP, since issue one didn't appear until winter/spring 2006. I'm sure there's a good explanation. The poem included from that issue, David Kirby's "Seventeen Ways From Tuesday," is a likeable enough example of the urbane lasciviousness the editors admire; I wouldn't even have called it one of his best poems of either 2005 or 2006. As for poems from that issue, I liked Lawrence Joseph's two pieces somewhat more. Speaking of Joseph, I thought his piece "The Game Changed" was easily one of the best poems of aught-five. Oh well, chacun รก son gibbet.

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.