Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Friday, May 12, 2006

 
Been asked a few times what I was getting on about yester-day.

It sounds to me now as though I was riffing on the Bataillean economics of surplus, a much more congenial-to-me-because-irrational vision of artistic production than the goddam boring get-credentialed/produce-slowly/withhold-acknowledgment model. I HATE that fucking riskless system, always strangling the wrong people for the wrong reasons, even if it does lead to all kinds of immediate and mysterious satisfactions. Even if I did and do participate in it despite myself.

And now after a phone conversation with a rigorous thinker I'm persuaded I was mainly roistering.

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.