Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Thursday, March 22, 2007

 
Remember when Kevin Costner might have amounted to something more than a punchline? Me neither. But during last night's ritual viewing of Bull Durham I involuntarily mumbled his immortal line, "And when you speak of me, speak well."

*

Woke up early and read two books by Bradley Lastname. If he'd written in 1992 instead of 2004 and lived in New York instead of Chicago he'd be one of the Unbearables. (Turns out he's been publishing since the 80s -- among other places in Gary Sullivan's Stifled Yawn magazine.) Can't tell you how much more I liked these than most of the affectless detail-free noodlenoisenarrativity circulating lately. And they're terrible.

Then I read Richard Sheldon's 1977 intro to Third Factory. Drank coffee. Made bacon.

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.