Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 
I am catching up with the No Tell Motel.

I've already mentioned Erik Sweet's poem with the "rattle of the storefront cage."

This one of Max's seems to me as good as a nature short or a scene by Pixar.

Sandra Beasley's instruction manual poem is a positive example of that much-maligned form, the grandma poem -- when it's done right as it is here, grandma gets to be at least as much a person as a totem of unconditional love.

The car in this poem by Eric Gelsinger is populated with "lung-like evergreens" that "shimmered in the back like electricity." Maybe the trees aren't in the car, but it feels as confusing and exciting as if they were.

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.