Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 
I liked 101 poems in last year's Fulcrum; this year there were about 25 pieces of writing I'd want to see again. What came off as articulate intelligence in the previous issue veers here into bloviation and self-regard -- way too much expostulation in the poetry about what poetry is. Not to be confused with the all-too-missing category of the breathtaking boast: what poet wouldn't you laugh off the page if they tried to pull some "best poet alive" or "realest shit I ever wrote?"

Speaking of "pieces of writing" (Time Warner Hachette Book Group I know you're reading) it can't really be a long-term good idea to suggest to your customers that your product is something they might regret stepping in, can it?

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.