Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 
Bruce Sterling on getting free of the feedback loop:

As to what pundits probably ought to be reading, instead of fellow pundits -- I'd guess that, as a healthful corrective, they ought to read stuff that's completely practical, plonking and immediate, without any handwaving visionary theorizing whatsoever. Stuff like, say, this awesome site on how to tie knots.))) http://www.animatedknots.com/

(((Then when some brainiac neocon shows up and says: My reading of Samuel Huntington convinces me that we crush and hold an alien civilization the size of France with some cruise missiles and a light sprinkling of rapid-response forces, you could riposte: Hey! Great idea, partisan intellectual! Now, can you tie a search-and-rescue "tensionless hitch" with a high-test nylon line and a carabiner?


Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.