Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 
What do I mean. I mean everybody, editors, publishers, teachers, students, fans, everybody looks for the name. Everybody knows this. Everybody looks to see who maps what names. If I don't see a single name I know on a journal's table of contents, how much less energy I have to read that journal. I know too that when I list too many names from the same group I'm just a booster of that group.

Just a booster.

Cement mixer, putti putti.

Josh has called it before, the predominant economic model in poetryland is scarcity. Put less out there and watch the value soar. I assume that's what Jim will find out as he carries on his no-publications-no-readings-no-anthologies policy -- a happy unintended consequence of the fort-da game.

Whereas what blogland values is reliable persistent change. Keep showing up every day, keep doing something slightly different from the day before. Oh, and be mean, funny, and quick.

That's weird. When I press on my eyeballs I see a wolverine hissing at me.

Big story in Billboard this week on the inevitable coopting by the music industry of the mp3 bloggers. Big story in New York mag this week on the A- B- and C-lists. (Ron and Jimmy are probably about as close as the po-blogs come to B-list, btw.)

Everybody takes too long to get to the point.

My point being?

Seth Abramson has Cheney's number. It might matter. Alli Warren has my number. That might matter too.

Justin Sirois' poem "globs of blogs" in Drill 6 has this epigraph:
"rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God"
original motto for the great seal of the United States
as suggested by Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, &
Thomas Jefferson

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.