Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Friday, January 06, 2006

 
What I've learned at the conference so far:
What Fox News says makes news:

1. Timeliness
2. Novelty
3. Well-known person
4. Sex
5. Tragedy
6. Public interest (i.e. how item affects the public good)
7. Conflict
8. Humor
9. Future (e.g. "In a study published today, scientists say...")
10. Money
11. Animals

Well that explains why we don't see more poets on Hannity and Colmes. Actually, not having live feed in my home would explain why I don't see anyone on Hannity and Colmes.

UPDATE: I should explain -- Joshua Clover told me that he'd been interviewed (once) on Fox News. I'm not aware of any other poets having had that experience.

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.