Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Friday, November 04, 2005

 
The foolishness comes from singling out poems that don't bear attention. You can argue why a given poem doesn't survive attention; if you can persuade me that, as for your own manners and habits, no one will single them out as incontrovertible proof of your incompetence, I'll sit cross-legged in front of you and hear what else you have to say. I will anyway, probably.

There will always be people who want a poem, any poem, to serve as a reminder of poetry in their lives (e.g. me). It's psychotic to mock anyone for wanting poetry in his life, or for liking a dopey poem. It's also reasonable to have nothing to do with poems that are dopey, mopey, preening, preaching, logical, or that make a show.

There is no such thing as a poet. And, everyone who writes poems is a poet. Class dim-summed.

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.