Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 
On the commute, "Dazed and Confused" studio and live; realized what I love about Zep (the timbres, the improvisation, the f*ck-all power) and what I hate (the modes). I respond so much better to the major mode songs (e.g. "D'yer Maker," "Houses of the Holy") than to the big fat rock radio snarlfests.

I guess I still have a lot of growing up to do.

Killah Priest's "Deja Vu" came on as I emerged from the 7 -- stoner hip hop disguised as gangsta. Killah, mugging an old man, sees another guy mugging an old man, and another, and another.. the old man is him, then it happens to him too, then... you get it. It's praetowarded, but awesome. Come to think of it, why isn't more hip hop stonerish? If The Onion hadn't put all their archives behind a paid subscription (wtf?) I'd link to their stoner architect piece from a few years ago...

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.