Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Thursday, July 14, 2005

 
I do requests: it's like I was saying to a musical guest, spiritual feelings are normal and wonderful -- they could make you sing. That's venn overlap, not identity, duh; see also sometimes the personal is just the personal.

Which Upanishad is it that boils down to "God is loud singing"? That Yeats, what a kidder. The song I sing loudest these days is John Doe's "Mama Don't" but I'm sad and happy and I am concentrating on music as an affect-delivery system. (The other John D.'s "This Year" is another good one to shout with the windows open down the West Side Highway, as disconcerting as it is to catch the glance in the rearview of the preschooler in the middle of that refrain.)

The presence of the spirit probably isn't supposed to make you feel dead.

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.