Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Sunday, August 22, 2004

 
Preliminary gossip: it's about as good as the Hass and Creeley editions. Am I wrong or is this the first one where the series ed's intro seems to compete with the guest ed's? The Will Alexander piece survives following the K. Addonizio, but my goodness the Bruce Andrews is posilutely subversive appearing here. As ever, Rae A.'s brilliant (I understand better the first of the two sections but will give it another fifty scans), and it's great to see Alan Bernheimer and Anselm, of course. I enjoyed C. Bernstein's piece much more on the page than I did when he read it at the Drawing Center three years ago. Not understanding the Oni Buchanan horror film piece -- why this and not Daphne Gottlieb??? -- but it's all right, I suppose. If it'd started with the Alexander, I don't think I would have put this book down even to get James to settle into sleep.

Prediction: will mop up the Komunyakaa in this year's Mayhew challenge.


Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.