Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Saturday, May 15, 2004

 
Enjoying having in the rock-tumbler this concept (Kivy's?) of music as discovered, not composed; not on quite as stable footing with the idea that music imitates the physiological contours of emotion.

What good is democracy if it takes four years and intense spending and non-arguing to unseat a criminal? and furthermore the only people the top job attracts are megalomaniacs? What good it is, is we have a traffic light system and roads. Yes, some schemer is always working on a way to trip the lights in his favor. So you get everybody together to make sure no one group is in charge of the lights.

The megalomaniacs we always have with us.

Wow, took me five seconds to remember the antonym of megalo- is micro-. So much for my Peter Bien.

Please please, for those of us with the unforgiving schedules, somebody tell me how the Shafer Hall/Shanna Compton confetti event went last night.

Murat Nemet-Nejat has written to clarify his overlap with Frost at Amherst, which I telephone-gamed into a master/ephebe relationship. Murat did indeed meet Frost, and heard him speak, but Frost had retired.

OK, enough lollygagging, time to get a move on that to do list.


Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.