Equanimity

 
             

   
 
 

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 
It's National Poetry Month and I haven't read much poetry lately. Up early this morning, after finishing proofing a big chunk of Kenneth's next one I looked at a couple of okay books: one by the poet who replaced me when I left T&W, and one from the National Poetry Series. Tryfon Tolides tells mild 70sesque anecdotes that end with a whisper: "I miss the ghosts in the holy air." A remembered quote from Christina Davis on Eduardo's blog last October mediated my experience of her book lo these six months later... how the internet remaps mind and feelings -- no good saying "It's only prose!" or at least, no better than saying it of graffiti on a middle school locker.

Jordan - #

 

.

HOME
&
LISTS



I'm Jordan Davis.
I write a lot.
I mention it here.

Say hi: jordan [at] jordandavis [dot] com.

The Million Poems Show.